What is the AMI/USA Administrators Community?
The AMI/USA Administrators Community collaboratively addresses the challenges and opportunities to provide best practices for schools offering quality Montessori experiences for all children. AMI/USA Administrators Community membership is open to all administrators of Montessori schools. The AMI/USA Administrators Community was originally founded by and directed by Montessori school administrators and is now a community within the Association Montessori International of the United States (AMI/USA).
The AMI/USA Administrators Community supports administrators to lead high-quality Montessori schools.
1. The AMI/USA Administrators Community provides opportunities for renewal, networking, continuing education, and the exchange of ideas and experiences for all Montessori administrators.
2. The AMI/USA Administrators Community supports administrators to build sustainable, high-quality Montessori schools.
3. As a part of AMI/USA, the AMI/USA Administrators Community partners with Montessori organizations to promote children’s issues and a greater understanding of the Montessori approach to education as an ‘aid to life’.
The AMI/USA Administrators Community is:
How the AMI/USA Administrators Community Helps Administrators
Discussion Group: The group was originally launched in 2007 as a benefit to Montessori administrators, providing a forum for the exchange of ideas and advice.
- 94% of members find the group forums helpful to their work.
- “Validates things I've done. Helps with things I need to do. Leads me to online locations of interest. Shares documents so as not to reinvent the wheel.” - Member, 2013
Annual Retreat: Every summer, a retreat for Montessori administrators is organized. The retreat balances program offerings with time to relax, rejuvenate, and socialize with peers. Retreats typically take place in late July in a new location each year. The retreat attracts administrators from around the globe.
- 90% of retreat attendees have found this professional development event very or extremely helpful.
- “These events not only provide great subject matter for discussions in school, they are opportunities to connect with Montessorians from all over the world.” - Member, 2013
The AMI/USA Administrators Community was originally developed organically in response to the needs of schools and administrators. It welcomes all Montessori administrators who support the goals to join us in this critically important and never-ending work of school leadership.
The AMI/USA Administrators Community serves members at over 200 schools, ranging in size from 20 students to over 400 students. Member schools cover the entire developmental continuum, serving children from infancy through high school.
The AMI/USA Administrators Community serves schools from 41 US states and 15 countries: Australia, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, Japan, Kenya, Mexico, New Zealand, Philippines, South Africa, Spain, UAE, the UK, and the USA. MAA serves private, public, and charter schools. Its members include heads of schools, business managers, admissions directors, board members, communication and marketing coordinators, development directors, Montessori teacher trainers, and national and international Montessori leaders.
The AMI/USA Administrators Community serves the needs of heads of Montessori schools, whether or not the head has Montessori training. Its members have experience: 40% have over 10 years of administrative experience in a Montessori school. Being a member includes access <link to forums> to this network of experienced leaders.
The AMI/USA Administrators Community believes that in the child rests the best hope for a better future and that Montessori represents the single, time-tested methodology for unlocking the potential of children to create that better future.