What is MAA?
MAA collaboratively addresses the challenges and opportunities to provide best practices for schools offering quality Montessori experiences for all children. MAA membership is open to all administrators of Montessori schools. MAA is an AMI affiliated, non-proﬁt founded by and directed by Montessori school administrators.
MAA supports administrators to lead high-quality Montessori schools.
1. MAA provides opportunities for renewal, networking, continuing education, and the exchange of ideas and experiences for all Montessori administrators.
2. MAA supports administrators to build sustainable, high-quality Montessori schools.
3. MAA partners with Montessori organizations to promote children’s issues and a greater understanding of the Montessori approach to education as an ‘aid to life’.
How MAA Helps Administrators
Discussion Group: We launched the group in 2007 as a benefit to our members, providing a forum for the exchange of ideas and advice.
- 94% of MAA members find the group forums helpful to their work.
- “Validates things I've done. Helps with things I need to do. Leads me to online locations of interest. Shares documents so as not to reinvent the wheel.” - MAA Member, 2013
Annual Retreat: Every summer, MAA organizes a retreat for Montessori administrators. The retreat balances program offerings with time to relax, rejuvenate, and socialize with peers. Retreats typically take place in late July in a new location each year. The MAA retreat attracts administrators from around the globe.
- 90% of MAA Retreat attendees have found this professional development event very or extremely helpful.
- “These events not only provide great subject matter for discussions in school, they are opportunities to connect with Montessorians from all over the world.” - MAA Member, 2013
MAA developed organically in response to the needs of schools and administrators. MAA welcomes all Montessori administrators who support our goals to join us in this critically important and never-ending work of school leadership.
MAA serves members at over 200 schools, ranging in size from 20 students to over 400 students. MAA member schools cover the entire developmental continuum, serving children from infancy through high school.
MAA serves schools from 41 US states and 15 countries: Australia, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, Japan, Kenya, Mexico, New Zealand, Phillipines, South Africa, Spain, UAE, the UK, and the USA. MAA serves private, public, and charter schools. MAA members include heads of schools, business managers, admissions directors, board members, communication and marketing coordinators, development directors, Montessori teacher trainers, and national and international Montessori leaders.
MAA serves the needs of heads of Montessori schools, whether or not the head has Montessori training. MAA members have experience: 40% have over 10 years of administrative experience in a Montessori school. Being a member includes access <link to forums> to this network of experienced leaders.
MAA believes that in the child rests the best hope for a better future and that Montessori represents the single, time-tested methodology for unlocking the potential of children to create that better future.